G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Awesome! That pint job is quite a nice job with teh weatehred grill work and screens. Nicely applied decals and such it looks great!

I was thinking that was some "industrial strength" helicopter to lift that loco that high too!

Chas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paint is badger soo line red. at least that's what i think it is.

decals are partially printed on my alps.

there's no reason for 9510. just picked a number i also have in n-scale. why do you ask ? is there anything special with 9510 ?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Posted By sschaer on 03/03/2009 11:04 AM

there's no reason for 9510. just picked a number i also have in n-scale. why do you ask ? is there anything special with 9510 ?

Just asked because I always get weird with engine numbers for some reason. First I see what 'model' I have to work with then review all the prototype photos I can find of that model. Then check out the changes that were ordered in every batch. Then I ask if I can actually model the changes. After that I can usually narrow it down to a dozen or so 'exact' prototype engines. After that I usually build the one with the best reference photo or photos. Unless I have a special connection to the engine. My own photos or something like that.

Silly I know but....

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good points dave. but as you know the aristo model is based on a c44 and not a ac4400. it's the wrong model anyway. looking for batch related differences would just be wasted time or means lots of work on the shell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts