G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Knowing PC, if they did not get enough orders, it did not get produced.

The last item I had on reserve with them (HO) did not see the light of day.

E-mail and ask, or get on a reservation list.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Weren't these the guys planning to do "Minnietonka" until they realised it was standard gauge?

That is going to be a tiny loco.

·
Super Modulator
20,521 Posts
A very interesting site.

some unusual "definitions" of English phrases.

Under "coming soon" (which should mean committed, and actually a real schedule to happen in the near future, which apparently is not true) there are actually 3 subcategories:

Coming Soon from Precision Scale Company These products are nearing completion and are almost ready for delivery. In most cases you can still reserve one of these, but we encourage you to do so soon!This makes sense of course.... the normal definition of the words.

Future Releases from Precision Scale Company These products are definitely in production but are farther out on the production schedule. The dates listed are estimates and are subject to change because of the complexities involved. Reserve one through your friendly PSC dealer! I cannot see how they are in "production" from the normal sense of the word. Production, meaning being produced as we speak. Clearly they are interested in producing them, but no real schedule or commitment. Aristo used the same terminology for something that was coming in about 5 years. Why can't they say, we are interesting in making these if enough people send money ahead of time.

New Announcements from Precision Scale Company These products are on the drawing board and we would like to do them. They'll go into production only if we get enough reservations for them through our network of dealers. If you'd like to see these models in production please reserve one today; if we don't get enough interest we'll withdraw these models until we get sufficient interest. Wow, how can these even be called announcements? Basically it should read, well, if we make all the stuff already listed, maybe we might make these. Send money. We'll see.

Yeah, interesting use of the English language.

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
some unusual "definitions" of English phrases
Marketing-eze. That's all. If they are doing the drawings, that's "production has started"!

·
Registered
810 Posts
To their credit, Greg, at least they explain clearly what they mean.

I was browsing at my LHS yesterday, and I've always been curious about why certain companies make what they want, instead of listening and responding to what consumers want.

Could be why my LHS still has a stack of three truck shays at $400 that nobody's buying...

·
Super Modulator
20,521 Posts
True Norman, it's a lot better to have these 3 categories than one large "melting pot"... I'll definitely give you that.

I'd vote for slightly different names for some of the categories though ha ha!

Regards, Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts