G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a large, read old time cowcatcher, for a Bachmann 4-6-0. Bachmann doesn't have any for their 4-4-0 or 2-6-0's so I thought I would ask out here. I know that Vance Bass used to make them out of wood in kit form, but in looking at his web page, he has gone out of business, so I guess that's out. I also looked at the one on the MB project, but it looks like an awful lot of work to me, so that's out too. Anyone have any ideas?

I am also looking for head light lenses for some Trackside Details lights. The large square one and the DRGW style barrel light. I know I can make them out of clear plastic, but was hoping for something a bit more professional. Also, does anyone remember the thread on here from a few years back about using a flashlight lense as an insert? I vaguelly remember something about this, but can't recall details. Seems to me that the cone insert for the reflector was used with some minor modifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got an e-mail from Vance Bass regarding the Bronson Tate thing. I'll probably go that way as I am familiar with that pilot. Thanks. As to the lenses, I thought the mini-mag lights were a little large, but never thought about grinding them down. I'll try to get ahold of some and experiment. Again, Thanks.

· Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all of your info and advise. I have a Mini Mag flashlight and checked the reflector against the headlights and it is WAY big, so I am hoping the AAA reflector will be smaller. Going to check out some prospective stores for parts tomorrow if it ever stops raining. Again, Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.