G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Becky

The only way that I've been able to do it reliably is to use the full editor window by using Add Reply button or click the Reply icon in the message header. When once there I click the Source button in the top right tool bar. Then type in the HTML code.

For an on-line HTML reference try the following link below check out the Create Hyperlinks link in the Examples area.
Click Here
Here's an example of what I think you're trying to do.
Feedback Forum
Topic: Poster Rankings
Carpenter Matt
Last Reply Page 2

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Becky, I just struggled through this. Maybe this will help.

Here is is my signature image.

And here is the code I used.  View source to see everything, and remove the asterisks (*) to make it work.

Here is is my signature image.

Dawg :cool:

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Becky - the source code for a hyperlink is...

< a$href="URL" >Text< /a >

with no spaces except the "$" between "a" and "href" - the URL must be enclosed within double-quotes.  "Text" is what you will see as underlined, clickable text.

If you go to the full Reply page (not Quick Reply), there is a "Source" button as the first item in the Toolbar.  This allows you to type in the html directly, and is what I've been using for certain things like links and sigs.

< a$href="http://www.SantaCruzLumberCo.com >Santa Cruz Lumber Co.< /a>

(again with no spaces except the "$") results in this...

Santa Cruz Lumber Co.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Just like that, you do good work as usual, way to go Becky!!

Ah, you just wanted to go to a specific topic, sorry I took it one step further, going to a specific reply on a specific page. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Steve!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

I'm sure having fun learning all of this stuff!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

Becky

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
That W3Schools site is the best reference place for HTML and any other Internet standard you want to get into. Plus the tutorials are good and interactive to boot. You might want to make a fav bookmark for it on your system..

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Type in the text that you want to be the link, then highlight it with your mouse, and then click on the link button in the toolbar, add in the url and voila, a link.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Well...that's sure easy.  Next...how do you do a thumbnail photo to a larger photo link?  Is there someway to use that chain tool?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Posted By ShadsTrains on 01/05/2008 11:42 AM

Type in the text that you want to be the link, then highlight it with your mouse, and then click on the link button in the toolbar, add in the url and voila, a link.

That is easy!  Much, much better than hard-coding it!

A minor point: Since the automatically created link isn't automatically underlined when the message is posted (at least it's not on my screen) a nearly color-blind guy like me has trouble spotting the active links.  Info only, not a request for change.

Dawg :cool:

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Like Becky ask on how ... I did like Shad sugguested for a test... "Type in name i wanted"     then highlight it with mouse and then click on Link ( chain icon) Copy  the link out of my web site on MLS.  then paste it in the link box.  

Now trying it.             Dwight's testing steam

Hot doggies ... It worked..  tks Shad.  and Dwights work to, but have to type in the link.

oh.... Found out by hitting Shift & Enter key at the same time, It will go to next line in stead of dropping down two spaces here . 

Instead of this. 

"Hope Shad get a spell ck (button) program to down load when he get a chance.. it's not working yet for us old guys." 
Keep up the questions Becky.. I'm learing new stuff.  Noel

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just wanted to test this out myself.

[url="steam shovel[/url] Regards,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Huh? It didn't work. Does anybody have any advice? I tried to follow Dwights instructions. Does he mean to replace the "$" with a space and remove all the other spaces? because that is what I tried.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Do like Shad said and use the Reply button and you don't need to know any code and you don't even need to type in the URL just add the URL by copying and pasting and use the "Insert Hyperlink" button...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts