G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that on the main "Forums" page for the "Web Site Questions" forum it shows that there are 288 topics & 1974 views, which doesn't line up with what you see when you enter the forum. There only three topics listed.

I checked and there isn't any drop-down list box to limit the range of topics listed.

Also just noticed when trying to preview this message when the preview window displayed the following was displayed instead of the text that I had typed.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 Note this was from the "New Topic" FCKedit window. After posting the topic I noticed that some of the formatting didn't take so I reopened the message from the "Edit" feature and the preview window operated properly. This time all of the formatting (i.e. red text & centered) was properly submitted.
Edit Update: Noticed that when a posted message is edited there is no visible indication that the message has been edited. If the editing of a reply causes the reply to be considered the most recent message, this could cause some confusion, it did on the previous software and there was an edit indication with it.
Hey Shad, you had better do a "Spell Check" from within the editor, for example check the word "FCKedit", I think you'll want to do some modification. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
The counter mis matches are due to the partial migration that I did of the old forums.  It migrated the post counts along with the forum names.  All I have to do is go in and create a new post and delete it and the counter resets.

As for the other errors, you may have been trying to post when I was doing some work that caused an exception on the whole site.  All should be working again.  The FCKEditor won't last.  I will be implementing a new one in a month or two that is a lot easier to use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts