G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just logged onto my web space in the first class section. I don't know how it worked this time but I'm not asking questions. So far so good. When

I clicked on one of my photos in the index, a screen came up as usual with the photo in it. I hihlighted the url and tried copying it, but the copy

tool would not work. The word "copy" wasn't dark like the other task titles. I have a new computer with Windows Vista. I'm not sure if it's the

system or something on MLS.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I do the following with consistent results.
- Click on the image

- In the new window/browser hightlight the url in the location field at the top

- Right click the hi-lighted url

- select copy

- Then in either the quick reply or reply text box I type the following:

< img src="

- Then I click on the space just past the quotation mark in what I just typed and select paste

- Then at the end of the url I type the following:

">

When I'm done adding text, I click submit and there you have it.

Here is an example below:

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Dan

I just tried your process via the 1st Class interface and the Copy item on the context menu worked fine for me. However I'm using MS/Win-2K Pro not MS/Vista, so I can't really help you with if it's a Vista configuration problem.

However, just as a reminder, you do remember that you can directly access your MLS web space over the Internet, although it's read-only mode it does provide another method of access and you could even create a bookmark for the link. If you still can't use the Copy function using this access method then maybe it is a Vista configuration problem.

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/madman/

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must have something to do with vista. I was using windows XP until recently.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was playing around with the copying thing, and figured out what I wasn't doing. When I highlighted the url of the photo from my web space I was

clicking on "file", then scrolling down to copy. When I clicked on copy, the highlighting vanished from the url. Instead, I kept the cursor off of

the picture and right clicked the mouse. This time the highlight stayed intact. The rest is as usual, with the exception that I have to type in

before and after the url link. This was explained awhile ago by one of the moderators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts