G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know/ have a font that represents the squared off RR Roman that the ConnCo used?  I checked Railfonts, I could not find one.

Ideas?  I am rebuilding a Bachmann open car into a ConnCo car and need the letter the frame etc.  Other than letttering and striping the paint is perfect.

Ted.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Might check with your local sign company, they usually have lots of fonts and could cut the lettering for you from vinyl, it it's at least 1/4" tall. You might post an example on here so people could look at it. I have no idea what it looks like, or where to look it up. Get more responses that way, I'd think.
Jerry

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is an example of the lettering on Car 1326 at the Connecticut Trolley Museum that i volunteer in the Restoration Shop. Hope the examples help... Ted.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
This is a more geometric font than RR Roman Extended, though.

This is much closer, though not quite exactly what you're looking for. It's LHF Pullman Train Regular.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Ted,

I sent you a message, but here's what I put together from the artwork I have:

I was mistaken in my note--I don't have numbers drawn up besides the number 2. (The EBT used either a standard roman or gothic style of numbers for all their cars except business car #20, so I never drew the numbers.)

Later,

K

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your help. I think I need new contacts as I went back through the Railfonts site and their Southern Pacific Roman will work for the lettering, but I will need to make up the numbers. I purchased a dry transfer kit from BelDecals. I think that this will do the job, but as I responded to a few direct emails, if it doesn't I will come calling. :)

http://www.beldecal.com/rubon-paper.html

So how does one make their own TTF files? Is there a tool available?

Thanks again everyone for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts