G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eastern York High School

November Artist of the Month
If you know freshman Nathan Heffner, then you know he really knows trains. It is a subject matter he truly enjoys and explores in his artwork often. When given the assignment to create a collage created by tearing or cutting magazine papers, he turned again to trains for inspiration. What is truly incredible about the collage is how it came to life straight from Nathan’s mind. He knows locomotives so well that he is able to create them in detail from memory. Aside from that, the angle of the train in his collage is very tricky as it diminishes back into space. Nathan’s level of detail and layering of paper pieces is incredible, and he worked tirelessly to capture the intricacies of the steam engine. He truly explored the searching process of collage to find the best textures and colors that would bring his train to life. Congratulations to Nathan on a job well done, and being recognized as November’s artist of the month!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Nate;

When I first saw your artwork, I thought it was rendered in colored pencil. Collage is a WHOLE lot more difficult. Excellent! I hope your skills will just continue to improve.

Best,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Nate
You never cease to amaze me with your talent. I hope I live long enough to see just exactly what you will be capable of doing. Congratulations on your honor. Looking forward to more good things..

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Nate
Excellent presentation regards the subject, the colors utilized and the depth of field with well done vanishing point. Very good balance between the main subject and the complement of background.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now to put the frosting on the Cake
Nate and His High School Band
Were invited to play in The Walt Disney
Very ,Very, Merry Christmas Parade at Walt Disney
World, Who knows You might see Him Playing
and Marching down Main Street U.S.A at the Magic
Kingdom Christmas Day on ABC
Nate is Art and My adopted Grandson .