G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new laptop with Vista

I transfered all my "FAVORITES" with no problem

However my E mail address Transfered only the names of the people and not the actual E mail Address.

Any one got suggestion. I checked everysingle box I could find and told it to transfer everything.

It is the same internet provider just a different computer.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
John,

NOT TOTALLY certain re Vista as I work with XP, I downgraded to it! The following is what I do to move them around, and keep a copy of them

On the old computer save the contacts file as a ---.csv file - in your old outlook then got to file, then import/export then save to a file and choose contacts, save the file.

Then transfer that file to the new computer, via the same method - they should be there in full!

·
Super Modulator
20,522 Posts
You need to mention what you were using for your email addresses on your old computer and how you did the transfer... were you using outlook, outlook express, thunderbird, windows address book, etc?

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
John when I switch from "XP" to "Vista" as I remember you just use "File", "Import", "Windows Contacts". and then select "Window Address book File (Outlook Express contacts)"....is this what you did and it didn't work?

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Been a while, but don't you export from the old system to a pst file first and then copy that to a disk, then import from the new system and pick the pst file you exported from?

·
Super Modulator
20,522 Posts
Back to my first question to JJ, what email are you suing...

Peter's method to export contacts to a .csv file is usually available on most contacts.
Deans advice works if you used the windows address book in Outlook Express
Rkapuaala's advice works if you are using Outlook, not Outlook Express...

All good advice, but different for different email clients.

JJ, what were you using for your address book before? Just start naming programs, or how you got to the address book.

Regards, Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts