G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to video and my wife wants a low end RCA EZ210 video cam. I know video's are large files and need to be compressed.

Are there any free compression software's avaialble that will save the files to a format that can be read by most computers and loaded to YOUTUBE.

I currently have a Canon 850IS digital that produces very good quality large video files but my wife wants the "no brainer" cam and in reality it makes sense unless one wants to produce a full length documentary.

Any,all suggestions welcome.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
All computers that come with XP installed and I'm sure the other newer MS operating systems come with "Windows Movie Maker". Easy to use, plenty of editing options and many compression options.

Craig

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
How are you capturing the video? I know you said it is digital, but what media is it written too? or how do you connect to your computer?
If the cam connects directly to your firewire or usb ports, you should have a cd included in the package with some video editing software. Most software will allow you to copy the video to several formats, usually mpeg, avi, or real audi or wmv. Some will allow you to do quicktime or raw. The best quality/compression is mpeg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Posted By rkapuaala on 08/09/2008 11:56 AM
..... If the cam connects directly to your firewire or usb ports, you should have a cd included in the package with some video editing software. .....

If you do not have a cd, just do a google search with the brand name of your camera, then go to their downlads section (or customer support, in a few cses) find the listing for your camera and download the drivers and related software.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Yep.... All of the above are correct. I prefer Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 or 4.o. It is affordable and very easy to use for sharable files or DVDs.

JimC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts