G Scale Model Train Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you see missing photos that weren't already missing, please let me know the post URL so we can look into it.

- Cricket
This one and prior seem to be missing the photos
Thanks

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks
I am looking into this. That post was in 2015. Are we certain the images weren't broken prior to the new software?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Thanks
Okay, I did some digging into this.

Those missing images are external links that are HTTP (not secure) rather than HTTPS (secure) so they are not going to display.

The member can edit the thread and just copy/paste those images into the thread, rather than the external links to them.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I am looking into this. That post was in 2015. Are we certain the images weren't broken prior to the new software?

- Cricket
Yes, I often go back to prior builds to see how I did something. In the "search my threads", I was able to go all of the way back to my first build and see the photos. I also noticed that looking at other peoples builds in the past, the photos were missing so the "search my threads" had a different path to the threads I guess

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
The tab for this open thread says "MLS (8) Community Feedback". What's the (8) for? I only found 1 unread thread, no messages, and nothing that added up to (8). !

·
Registered
539 Posts
For MLS it appears to be the number of Alerts that you have. Click on your Account Details icon in the upper right and select Alerts. I have 6 showing on my Chrome Tab.

It's a feature of some browsers and it depends on how that site uses that feature. But I could be wrong depending on how one interprets the results from a search. :cautious:

As an example, In Gmail it's the number of unread messages.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Pete:

It sort of is kind of mentioned (not really) in the FAQ for Alerts/Notifications but nothing regarding the parentheses on the tab. Given the history of this site since its sale it's unlikely to be updated, but one can always hope. :(

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
For MLS it appears to be the number of Alerts that you have. Click on your Account Details icon in the upper right and select Alerts. I have 6 showing on my Chrome Tab.

It's a feature of some browsers and it depends on how that site uses that feature. But I could be wrong depending on how one interprets the results from a search.:cautious:

As an example, In Gmail it's the number of unread messages.
I believe that is correct. I have seen it in some browsers.

- Cricket

81 - 89 of 89 Posts