G Scale Model Train Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Super Modulator
20,522 Posts
Where is the "mark forums read"? Cannot find it... tried the 3 dots, the menu, my avatar... should be on the main forums page, or the new items page.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Greg, most helpful as usual !

Seeing as I have nothing beyond my old laptop, apps don't really apply to me, so I can simply ignore this "bonus" feature.

·
Administrator
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
What happened to the search function of "my posts" and "my threads"
If you are specifically looking for your posts and threads you have started, and clicking on the numbers on your profile are displaying what you want, the following may help you.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Thanks
I found them under followed forums and discussions
The only problem is the photos are missing from some of them whereas the old setup had photos for all of them.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
A trivial complaint perhaps, but I miss the old MLS logo. It represented this sight for well over a decade. Seems a shame to just toss it away now when I suspect it could easily be incorporated into the new software.
over a decade? yes, how about.. seventeen years! :)
Taking a look at the "wayback machine", mylargescale.com first went online July 4, 2000.
(and it looks like the earliest forums that would become MLS existed for a time earlier than that, hosted by the Utah Garden Railway Society on their page)

And the "MLS Shay logo" was first seen in 2003.

MLS-logo-2003.jpg

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I assume this is the bug reporting thread.....

Here is yet another post where the image ens up being posted twice - in that case a whole set of images - second post in this thread:

This is at least three times I have seen that problem with the new forum software....and I look at relatively few threads so there are probably more occurrences.

·
Administrator
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks
I found them under followed forums and discussions
The only problem is the photos are missing from some of them whereas the old setup had photos for all of them.
If you see missing photos that weren't already missing, please let me know the post URL so we can look into it.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I assume this is the bug reporting thread.....

Here is yet another post where the image ens up being posted twice - in that case a whole set of images - second post in this thread:

This is at least three times I have seen that problem with the new forum software....and I look at relatively few threads so there are probably more occurrences.
It is usually related to how the member added the image.

I usually just copy/paste or drag/drop into the text editor with my content. If you use the insert icon button but then also click full, it can end up posted twice.

How To Upload Images To Posts

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
It is usually related to how the member added the image.

I usually just copy/paste or drag/drop into the text editor with my content. If you use the insert icon button but then also click full, it can end up posted twice.
- Cricket
I don't understand why it should matter how one adds the image, but it seems something did get fixed.

I tried the large image I had trouble with before where it posted twice.
I tried inserting the image once by selecting "full image" and then again but selecting "Thumbnail" - in both cases I got what I expected.
Well...when selecting "Thumbnail" I actually expected to just see the thumbnail in my post, not the full sized image as well, but that is definitely better than getting the full image twice.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts