G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in converting a combine to a combine with a cupola. Does anyone know of a prototype caboose where the seating in the cupola doesn't have a whole lot underneath it? The cupola on this particular configuration would be between the baggage door and the baggage area. I've seen the maine cabooses where the cupola only has seating on one side, but this is a bit wider; is there a prototype configuration where the seat is suspended from above? That would leave me the aisle width plus the space from the aisle to either wall as an area that large items could ostensibly be moved through.

Matthew (OV)

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,
That's the idea (the Pagosa / Drover's effect.) Was looking at the C&S conversion for AMS cars over at Durango Dan's site, half coach, half bag.... and adding a cupola, probably from an AMS caboose. (Then something creative for the caboose... a flanger maybe?) Would save plugging windows on the AMS combine.

Just interested in what the internal configuration of such a thing might be; seems kind of pointless to have a baggage door and then just the aisle width to move stuff through into the baggage area!
As to waiting for the Bachmann side door caboose, yeah, it'd be great. What follows, though, is the distinct sound of me not holding my breath!
Matthew (OV)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts