G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a couple of years now since I aquired a Ruby parts locomotive and a David Bailey coal fired boiler from the UK. I've set up a milling program, milled out the Ruby base plate and mounted up the boiler. I've even designed a simple brass tender, where the tender sides have been cut out and rivets embossed. It just needs to be bent/rolled and soldered together. I have test fired the boiler and it seems to run fine though it requires much more tinkering than a stock gas fired Ruby.

My current problem is that I have too much going on at the office and home that requires that I do a lot of travel, this change has severly crimped my already short periods of "hobby time". I thought I might offer this project to anyone that might be interested in this locomotive on this site. The BP/Dollar makes doing one of these much more expensive now since I got my boiler from David. Please feel free to contact me where I can provide photographs and answer any questions you might have.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
How Much do you want for it? Are you planning to post a add in the classifieds./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts