G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Great kit build Fred, there must be heaps of hours spent on this, but the time invested is well worth the effort. The 'new' roof ends are an improvement over the supplied ones ( Simon what do you think?)
Can you do a video of this coach running with some J&M CIWL coaches for comparison doing run-bys and also stationary close up comparisons. Do you think the coach will survive well for regular running in the garden where the odd derailment and brushing up against foliage can damage detail parts?
Fantastic job looks fabulous.
regards
Russell

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks Fred, the coach looks fantastic the only immediate difference I spot is "smaller" ( or is that more in scale?) vestibules at each end and the bogies. But it does look good to run it with the J&M coaches. A longer train of these with some J&M's would be fantastic.
I'm afraid if got one I would not only run out of patience spending all those hours building it but most likely damage it wanting to run it outside all the time, not to mention the inadequacy of the internal details on my J&M's would be highlighted in comparison!
Good job well done especially the new roof ends and thanks for sharing the build, well worth following.
Russell

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks for the video Fred, great looking train and the coach does look fantastic in the train. It's a nice day here and you have inspired me to get out my CIWL J&M's and the the 141R for a run as they haven't been run for a while.
Russell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts