G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd get ahead of the curve a little and see how Chrome, the new web browser from google fares on MLS. So far so good. A couple minor differences here and there, but for the most part it looks good.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Thanks Shad, I was thinking about getting it. I heard it was fast.... what is your opinion?

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We weren't offline yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I tried to log on at work yesterday around 2:00 and got the screen with Emmit on it saying that "MLS was in the shop for a bit"...

Pretty sure it was yesterday... don't think I slept for two days.. (could have though)..

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
I'll have to confirm what Dave has stated that MLS has been off-line for the better half of 1&1/2 to 2 days, and yet the dev site was accessible.

Edit Update-1: Not that the URL was not accessable, but as Dave stated, the only thing displayed was the screen with Emmit's image and the text that stated MLS had been taken into the shops and to check back later.

Edit Update-2: From my history file, for today 04-SEP-2008...[*]mylargescale.com Maintenance[*]Type: Internet Shortcut[*]Internet Address: http://mylargescale.com[*]Last Visited: 9/4/2009 2:40 PM[*]Times Visited: 9[/list]

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I've had no problems using the forums. I haven't tried the main page, since I generally jump straight into the forums instead.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I have been on most all day each day except Monday this week and have not seen Emmit even once. I always start at the home page and then open the "Active Topics List". I usually start between 10AM and Noon (CDT) and am on until 12midnight.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need to make sure that you always put the WWW on the front of mylargescale.com when you come to the site. I made some changes late yesterday that did interrupt service if you were not using WWW on the url. I've now fixed it so that the redirect is working again.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Chrome saved pages that come up in Opera 9.52 and Firefox 3 with a black background, so are useless in those browsers.
The saved page has a LOT of funny stuff that Opera does not save.

"
Content-Type: multipart/related; start=; boundary=----------pP4hdT4CZbX3xgb4sfNMce
Content-Location: http://archive.mylargescale.com/forum/pop_printer_friendly.asp?TOPIC_ID=32690
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?myLargescale.com=20ARCHIVE=20Forums?=
MIME-Version: 1.0

------------pP4hdT4CZbX3xgb4sfNMce
Content-Disposition: inline; filename=pop_printer_friendly.htm
Content-Type: text/html; name=pop_printer_friendly.htm
Content-Id:
Content-Location: http://archive.mylargescale.com/forum/pop_printer_friendly.asp?TOPIC_ID=32690
Content-Transfer-Encoding: Quoted-Printable
"

and later on in the code

Taking out the 3D allowed page to be displayed, but I cannot go through that all the time.

ZDNet has email about some security issues with Chrome, too.
I'll try it again in about a month.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eh.. fast? Realistically, faster isn't really something I look at. All of my web browsing occurs on either work's network, or my cable modem, where speed really isn't an issue. MLS pops up on all browsers. I'm more concerned with site compatibility. Does it look the way it should, does everything function? There are some items on the site that while they don't look quite the way they do on other browsers, they still work. I haven't had time to do a full regression test however.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Hey Shad,

Have you noticed that on this one specific topic, there is a difference in the color of the text (foreground) of the Subject: Chrome, Angle Bracket in the path, and the Date/Time Stamp of each reply. I'm seeing this with MS/Internet Explorer v6.0.2800

I've checked other topics in this forum and in other forums and they are as they have always been.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 09/05/2008 7:07 PM

An interesting take on Chrome... «snip...»
As you've stated interesting, sort of reminds me back in the early days when no one could understand why Microsoft wasn't bothering with running around suing individuals that pirated their operating system, as others did. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts