G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share this

Today I was cleaning thru the storage room which contains about 95 percent of my trains to make room for more new train items and get out the Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations. While in there, I deceided to look thru some of the boxes( looking for kitbashing items and parts ). And what I found just absolutely surprised me. I found a complete Aristo Pacific shell for use in my upcoming 2-10-2 project. An extra undecorated vandy tender - also for the 2-10-2 and a box containing trays upon trays of USA and Aristo trucks WITH blackened steel wheels. I may never have to order metal wheels for quite some time
SO, I have determined that I will be doing a bunch of swapping out of trucks on the new Bachmann and Delton cars I have bought. This will allow me to start a new sales list for archbar trucks (Bachmann, USA and Aristo delton) complete with blackened metal wheelsets which I bought when getting the cars. I also found a couple handfuls of USA couplers brand new in bag too as well as Bachmann couples. These proceeds will help fund the purchase of a new Mallet so I can start my project
Now all I need to find is the details to the cab from some Bachmann spectrum steamers. Well I got to get back to "reloading" the storage room, but this will be the catylist to bring my kitbashing shop to life again

It's a great feeling to get back into the "swing" of things again

Rocky

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Now we can look forward to some more kitbashes. Can't wait to see. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Knew you couldnt stay away for long, kitbashing is like Heroin, only cheaper and theres no guns involved, well mostly.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that depends on what your buildin'

But I can tell you that I DID find a Mallet to work on. And it's a GN one at that too, shame to have to take a cuttin' torch to it (sorta). But it is on the way

Now I just have to locate more Bachmann inside cab details - valves, pipin', etc from spectrum locos. I will be starting the thread as soon as the mallet arrives.
So it begins again. This time it'll be the "Great for Freight" portion of GN's motto from the 50s and 60s "Great for Passenger, Great for Freight"
Rocky

G

·
0 Posts
Rocky, Dude!!!!
Long time since we spoke on the phone! Glade to see your back in as I dropped out about 4 yrs and now back in also. Email if you would like.
Toad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts