G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a couple 2 -3 weeks since I last checked in here on the forum, so I thought I'd better do so
Lately, I have been horribly swamped with train and mostly non-train projects. Mostly and for the last week and a half, been working in my free time re-arranging our place. Deb wished for herself to have a dedicated room for her crafts and also to set up the spare bed so family may come to vist and stay without paying for a hotel room. This meant ALL the train stuff had to be brought out of the extra storage bedroom and placed into the existing hooby/craft room. It has been a never ending task as many folks know how much G scale I have
But we are getting closer to completing this project and getting most of the extra boxes out of the livingroom/diningroom. I have managed to save my diorama table in the new hobby room, but only have a 30-36 inch walkway between it and the wall of cardboard storage boxes
But I can still manuver in this small space. One note of intrest in this combining of my hobbies is that I am now adding some LGB Euro trains to my diorama table. Just playing with the idea and helping to pad the pockets of those on Evil bay as I am accumulating some LGB Euro style trains. I even bought a 2-6-2 German steamer, LGB of course, to play around with. On the other fronts, THe condo business continues to drag along as the latest condo I renovated and just put on the market had the demise of the people upstairs leaking water down into the hall bathroom causing damage that has to be repaired. This one looks like it will go to court to force the owner of the unit above to pay for their damage. So from one thing to the next. And now some good news. some folks got notice or I had called them. Deb and I have deceided to finally make the step to make good and tie the knot this coming April
This too has taken alot of time to make plans, set up church and reception, make and send invatations, etc. So all is on track and ready to roll there. Other than that, all is as normally busy as usual. Just been a bit extra busy lately. I may be puttin' in another parts sale list soon as I have accumulated some more cars over the last few monthes and have no need for the extra parts after upgrade. I'll post a notice when the list is up. BTW speaking of things for sale, does anyone know where I can find a LGB 51920 and 51940 LGB Euro home signal that has yellow instead of green and red aspects ??? One is a single arm and the other is a dual arm. Hey thanks !!! I will be popping in more often once again as the project from H*ll is nearing completion

Perhaps some pictures of the new project/hobby room will be in order too as I get it closer to being ready

Rocky

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Hi Rocky,
Glad to hear you are keeping busy! The time you spend working on honey-do projects just makes the time you have to work on your own all the more pleasurable. I just traded 2 days of installing carpet for my wife for two days of play time in the garage on my Atlantic loco and my 7.5” gauge porter.
Good luck with the wedding planning, just remember the answer to all of her questions should be yes or I DO!
Joel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts