G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One apparent difficulty with the MLS Map is that when the information becomes outdated it apparently requires a MLS Administrator to change anything:

"To edit this map, you must be a map admin."
My information is quite old and I would like to update it. Perhaps the best way to do it would be for a MLS Administrator to delete me from the MLS Map and then I can set it up the way I now want it to be.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Jerry,
You just nailed the main reason why I don't use the MLS map....ever! The info is outdated and never gets updated so why ever use it? It's a shame too as it could be a very useful tool. Unless there is a way for us to update our own info I don't see how it would ever work.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
No one "officially" from MLS is in charge of the MLS map..

I am!

I cant update anything unless someone tells me they want something updated..

so..what needs to be done?
just let me know, and I will see what I can do..

(today is the first time I have heard anyone mention it in several years..)

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Posted By Jerry McColgan on 01/04/2009 11:05 AM
One apparent difficulty with the MLS Map is that when the information becomes outdated it apparently requires a MLS Administrator to change anything:

"To edit this map, you must be a map admin."
My information is quite old and I would like to update it. Perhaps the best way to do it would be for a MLS Administrator to delete me from the MLS Map and then I can set it up the way I now want it to be.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,
I just deleted you..

try re-entering yourself, let me know how it goes!

if it gets messed up, I can delete you again..

I agree each member should have the power to delete or edit themselves..but apparently that isnt an option.

but I dont mind editing or deleting people..just let me know what you want done..I can do it quickly and easily.

Scot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.