G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One apparent difficulty with the MLS Map is that when the information becomes outdated it apparently requires a MLS Administrator to change anything:

"To edit this map, you must be a map admin."
My information is quite old and I would like to update it. Perhaps the best way to do it would be for a MLS Administrator to delete me from the MLS Map and then I can set it up the way I now want it to be.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Jerry,
You just nailed the main reason why I don't use the MLS map....ever! The info is outdated and never gets updated so why ever use it? It's a shame too as it could be a very useful tool. Unless there is a way for us to update our own info I don't see how it would ever work.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
No one "officially" from MLS is in charge of the MLS map..

I am!

I cant update anything unless someone tells me they want something updated..

so..what needs to be done?
just let me know, and I will see what I can do..

(today is the first time I have heard anyone mention it in several years..)

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
There is a large "contact" button right on the map..
I just tested it..I got the email..

no one has ever, once, sent me an email about problems or concerns or "updates needed"
using that contact button.. ;)

Scot

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
Well, if we knew it was you, we would have indundated you with requests! ha ha ha.

OK, so we got Scot on our side, no more excuses.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Posted By Jerry McColgan on 01/04/2009 11:05 AM
One apparent difficulty with the MLS Map is that when the information becomes outdated it apparently requires a MLS Administrator to change anything:

"To edit this map, you must be a map admin."
My information is quite old and I would like to update it. Perhaps the best way to do it would be for a MLS Administrator to delete me from the MLS Map and then I can set it up the way I now want it to be.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,
I just deleted you..

try re-entering yourself, let me know how it goes!

if it gets messed up, I can delete you again..

I agree each member should have the power to delete or edit themselves..but apparently that isnt an option.

but I dont mind editing or deleting people..just let me know what you want done..I can do it quickly and easily.

Scot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts