G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I finally got back to the modelling bench (well, err, um, the kitchen table) this evening and I thought I'd update on my progress.

The original thread is here:
http://archive.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50083&whichpage=1
...in the archives

Tonight I got the side and end that I had started finished.  As I have mentioned before this is my first large scale scratchbuild and I am really surprised at how fast my collection of paper and card is being depleted - all for a good cause though.

I did want to again thank the folks who put in the effort to design such a great kit, and tonight as I cut out the dozens of card battens to fit along the coach side wall I really started to appreciate this effort in the design.  I've cut out a number of the windows now too and I must say the car will look quite sharp when done. 

Tomorrow, I'll have to update with a picture of my progress.  This project is still a blast and with the wheelsets on the way, the race to get something ready is on.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update this morning.  I got the doors cut out and built last night.  They'll only need a light sanding to fit nicely inside the frame.  I'm hoping to get around to getting some updated progress shots, but I thought I would add an old one here anyway (I've now completed this end, adding the battens, the windows, and the door):

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve. I can't say enough times how much fun I am having with this project and I really wish I had a few more minutes to work on it...isn't it always the way.
Tongiht I am going to start cutting out all the roof parts and also if time permits the parts for the remaining side. Now to find some more matboard...
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts