G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I finally got back to the modelling bench (well, err, um, the kitchen table) this evening and I thought I'd update on my progress.

The original thread is here:
http://archive.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50083&whichpage=1
...in the archives

Tonight I got the side and end that I had started finished.  As I have mentioned before this is my first large scale scratchbuild and I am really surprised at how fast my collection of paper and card is being depleted - all for a good cause though.

I did want to again thank the folks who put in the effort to design such a great kit, and tonight as I cut out the dozens of card battens to fit along the coach side wall I really started to appreciate this effort in the design.  I've cut out a number of the windows now too and I must say the car will look quite sharp when done. 

Tomorrow, I'll have to update with a picture of my progress.  This project is still a blast and with the wheelsets on the way, the race to get something ready is on.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update this morning.  I got the doors cut out and built last night.  They'll only need a light sanding to fit nicely inside the frame.  I'm hoping to get around to getting some updated progress shots, but I thought I would add an old one here anyway (I've now completed this end, adding the battens, the windows, and the door):

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Hey Chris

That's coming along real good and the workmanship it outstanding. Thanks for taking the time to take pictures, digging up the old topic link,and posting the update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve. I can't say enough times how much fun I am having with this project and I really wish I had a few more minutes to work on it...isn't it always the way.
Tongiht I am going to start cutting out all the roof parts and also if time permits the parts for the remaining side. Now to find some more matboard...
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts