G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that the Bogie needed a proper carrying case so this is what I came up with.

The base showing the track, it is designed for easy loading onto the layout.

The Bogie sitting on the base.

The three piece lid

The base with loco and case ends.

The case with one side open.

Transfer to track.

The combined weight of the loco and case is quite substantial at about 34 pounds, it almost needs wheels!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moderator help!! I tried to fix the oversize third picture but there does not seem to be any way to edit my original post. I have corrected the size in my web space but the picture is still too big in this post. What gives and why is there no edit button?

Edit: well I did find the edit button but the picture won't change even though I deleted it and reinstalled it.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dwight. That is really weird, it still shows up oversize on my computer!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Wynn,

That's truly a unique case. A beautiful case for a beautiful loco. I like the way the handle is mounted to the base. What material did you use for the handle and is the handle bent under the base? Also how are the ends held in place?

Doc

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
A case to match the loco. Beautiful.

Oh, that's how to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Doc and Torby and Alan. Doc the straps which attatch the handle are 1/2 X1/8 inch steel from Home Depot. They are screwed into the sides of the 3/4 inch plywood base and do not bend under. I thought about doing that but decided it was not necessary. The handle its self is oak about 1 X 3/4 inch with a bolt going through the straps and the handle. You didn't ask but the track (the shiny stuff) is made from pieces of aluminum counter edging with slots for the wheel flanges.
Dwight, yes the pictures are OK now thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts