G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems accessing Mylargescale? I can access it fine from my XP laptop, but not from my Linux box. Problem is, I spend most of my time in Linux.
To make sure this is really the issue, I went upstairs, just after I wrote the paragraph above and tried access the site again, and got the old down for maintenance page with the engineer on it.
Anyone else using Linux experiencing the same frustrations? This all started about 3 days ago for me.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
It sounds like the linux box is caching an old dns entry or something. That's quite odd. We've had 40 visits from linux based web browsers today already...

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Shad.
I thought that might be the case also, but I dumped my cache, and the box itself is setup not cache DNS since that would be impractical for a DNS environment. Its only been going on for the past few days, maybe 3 or 4. Have you made any changes to your zone files? Or possibly to your httpd.conf or vhost.conf files? Otherwise, up to 3 to 4 days ago, I could access everything fine from that workstation.
I wouldn't mind so much, but I spend most of my time on that machine and not on this XP laptop, because it is a lot more stable. If you want to check your logs, look for the ip addresses 209.204.131.120 and 209.204.131.125. Those will show up, because I am getting to your site, however, I just get your maintenance page.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shad, I found the problem. My primary nameserver hasn't updated your dns yet. It had the old IP address. I switched to a couple of different nameservers, and I am now logging in from my linux box. Sorry for the trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts