G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was going to put some photos into my webspace, but it came up with an error - as below

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

Path not found

/manage.asp, line 200

I logged in, went to parent directory, made a directory, then clicked on that to add the photos into it - then cane the above error.It was attempted both with the space in my name and without with the same results.  There is  space left for them.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Peter

I just tried via the MLS 1st Class web space interface, creating a new directory and then uploading a 41KB image file and encountered no problems in doing so.

The VB error that you encountered refers to the MS/ Visual Basic scripting language. Maybe something within the browser cache was corrupted or could it be that you were running low on free RAM???

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply; I changed the title - it was 4 4 0 #99, that was changed to Bachmann 4 4 0 #99 - still no entry but it did allow me to delete the empty directory and build a new one, but still no entry!

That gave me a suspicion - no figures or special characters so a new one was built called Bachmann re-paint.

Now that works! Something somewhere was stopping it - Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Peter

In looking at your web space I think your problem arises with the use of space characters in naming things.

The sub-directory under peterbunce is bachmann re-paint giving /peterbunce/bachmann re-paint/ try changing it to /peterbunce/bachmann_re-paint/ and then in your file names use...the dash or underscore characters to improve readability and don't use any other punctuation marks in file names or directory names, also stick with using lowercase letters.

Also you'll find that something that works when using FTP will cause you problems when using the MLS 1st Class interface and also the other way round too.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Steve,

These draned computers ought to learn American or English!! Know what you mean - will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts