G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we have a fast way back, that will allow us to get to the most recent post in a thread?

Jack

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great until we get to my OCD brain that wants the newest post to be at the bottom of the last page /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif.

I'll try to get used to it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif I'll try to get used to it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif I'll try to get used to it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Here's another option.

Make sure that in your Forum Profile accessed via the light-grey Forum Toolbar found toward the top of most forum pages, on the far right you'll find the My Profile link...

Forum Toolbar > My Profile > Profile tab

Once there, scroll down, on the left side click the Edit Profile link.

After the screen refreshes scroll down until you see the Jump to First Unread Post: option and make sure that the check box is checked,

Then scroll on down until the Update Profile link is visible on the left side and click it.

That way when you click on a topic listed in the Active Topics screen, you'll be taken to the first unread reply, which is based on your past record of viewing that topic...
[*]If this is the first time you've accessed the topic you'll arrive at the very first reply that originated the topic. [*]If you've already visited the topic, you'll arrive at the first reply that has been added to the topic since your last visit. [*]Note: this may or may not be the very last reply in the topic, for example if there has been five replies added since your last visit, then you'll be positioned with the fifth to the last reply at the top of your screen. [*]That way you won't skip over replies that you haven't read. [*]This feature functions across multi-page topics. [/list]

Some have stated that this feature hasn't worked reliably for them, but as yet I haven't encountered any problem with the feature. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Unfortunately, the "view newest post" doesn't work most of the time.... Feedback item filed but Shad has had other things to attend to. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts