G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems I can log on the site but can not access my web page. The message I get says I'm not a 1st class member. What do I need to do to fix the problem?
Richard

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gifI guess I won't be posting any more photos!!!!!!!!!!
My notification when someone replies doesn't work either.
Oh well........./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif
Richard

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Richard and Dan,

I just tried mine now and everything is STILL working. I know it can be frustrating because I went through these problems myself recently. Hang in there. Shad is trying to solve these problems. My concern, personally, is that we may lose our "brain trust" here if these problems continue and we have these frustrations with long-time supporters and contributors to this site./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi,

I tried myself to access my space and it did not work.

I then again changed my profile, and after 2 hours tried again, and IT WORKED! this time. I just added an initial to my first name, that is all.

Therefore can I suggest that you again change your profile (first name or surname, as the topic entry by Steve C) and wait the 2 hours, (to allow for sync to work) then see if it will then work?

I also left a note on the original topic for Shad's information, and have now (2211 hrs UK BST time) added to that saying that mine is now working.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Just do what Shad told all 1st Class members to do.[*]Go to your MLS Account Profile, by clicking the Manage Account menu item on the Members menu.[*]Make a change in the First Name: or Last Name: fields[*]Then click the Update link at the bottom of the screen[*]Then wait for a while and try to access your 1st Class web space.[*]Remember however, that the SYNC process is only run once every two hours so give it a chance to do its job.[/list]1st Class Lounge/Topic: 1st Class Web Space Update

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've tried all those things listed and waited 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours...../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gifLet me know when it's working. I'll check back after the NNGC in a couple months. OH/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/doze.gif I forgot I don't get response notification either.
Richard

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
In that case Richard, the only one that can help you out is Shad, I've posted a notification in the moderator's forum.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I thought I give it one more try before calling it a night. It finally worked.:) Now I just need to find out why I'm not getting notification of responses to posts./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif
Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Richard

Glad to hear that you were finally successful at getting the SYNC to work for you.

As to your problem regarding eMail notification for Topic Subscriptions, I took the liberity of checking to see if the system had recorded a subscription for the Web Site Questions Forum/Topic: Can Not Access Web My Page and it does.

First off I'd wait to see if the eMail notification returns to operating correctly now that you've gotten the 1st Class web space access back to working.

If it doesn't, things to check...[*]MLS Account Profile (MLS Menubar > Members menu > Manage Account)[*]Manage User Credentials Screen[*]Email Address: field (Check for correct address.)[/list][*]Click Update link if required[/list]
[*]User Forum Profile (Forum Toolbar > My Profile)[*]Click Edit Profile link[*]First Section[*]Allow Email: (Checkbox checked)[/list][*]Second Section[*]Subscription Type: list-box[*]Instant[*]Daily Digest[*]Weekly Digest[/list][/list][*]Click Update Profile link if required.[/list][/list]Hope the above is found to be of use.
SteveC

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Steve,
I've still have not been able to receive e-mail notifications. I've tried all the suggestions you listed and no luck./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif
Hope you can help!
Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Richard

I've attempted to send you an eMail just now using your MLS forum profile, just to see if that will work. Let me know if you get it.

If not, and like you've stated that you have checked the above settings and they are correct. Then I'm past what I've got access to and Shad will have to see what has gone wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Richard

OK, I will put a note in the moderator's forum and let Shad know about your problem, sorry I couldn't things working for you.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Richard

One other thing we could try, and that is try sending me an eMail using the Send eMail feature in my MLS forum profile (Just click my User ID in this reply to get there.), then I'll respond directly to your eMail address listed in my eMail. That way it will be outside the MLS control, but based on the eMail address that you've got registered on MLS.

If you don't get my reply then it may just be that the eMail address you've registered on MLS may be incorrect or not working for some reason.

The reason that I suggest this is because I've not encountered any problems with getting eMails generated by MLS via Topic Subscription, Moderator Topic Alerts, Private Message Notification, & Send eMail features.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I noticed that your email address is at verizon. I started receiving notifications the other day from verizon that they were blocking my ip address as a suspected spammer. I sent an email to their systems admins and this morning I received an email back stating that they will stop blocking mail from mls in the next 72 hours. As far as your 1st class space, I was able to log in with your username and password successfully. It's set up and working. If you need help with your password, get a hold of me and we'll take a look further. Most likely you're using the wrong password.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts