G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you kitbashers have a caboose coupola you wish to part with? I need one for a special car i'm building.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
This "special" car, what scale is it? That would help us a lot as cupolas from a Delton at 1:24 will be quite a bit smaller than an AMS 1:20.3! Also, the bobber caboose from Bachmann has tapered sides. Do you want straight or tapered? Do you want steel sided like the 1:29 mainline roads from USA and Aristocraft? Some more details would be helpful...

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car i'm making i'm bashing from a couple of bachmann j&s cars. They are 4" wide, so i need the coupola to be pretty close to that. I would prefer a coupola that is 1:22.5 scale, so it doesn't look too small, and wood built. You guys let me know if you have something that fits and what you need for it.

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I found the cupola from my bobber caboose. It has tapered sides. There's no scribing, although the rest of the caboose had scribed sides.

If you want it, just send me an email at [email protected] with your mailing address, and I'll mail it out to you.
No charge.

Oh I forgot to mention, it's 3.75" wide at the base.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts