G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there isn't an official thread for Cabin Fever, yet. Only threads of discussion between CF and DH.

I will be at Cabin Fever late Friday, and more than likely all day Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll bring my Ruby to run, but I may be helping a friend get his engine running.

As far as I know, Mike Moore, Justin Koch, Ryan (and I assume his father) Bednarik will be present. I haven't heard too much from other people.

If anyone wants to find me, I'll likely be in a Finger Lakes Live Steamers t-shirt.

See you there!

Mike Walsh

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Mike,I will be there with a Roundhouse 2-6-2 sporting a lot of unpainted brass after a rebuild, as well as a 4-4-0 and coaches lettered for Belden Falls. Llyn Rice will be with me, with his K-28.
See you on Saturday,

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
According to Mike early on the attendance was projected to be good. There was an initial posting from Mike Moore about arrangements here on MLS.
So far in trying to account for all the regulars at our gatherings I ran out of fingers and toes...thenall the others that have indicated attendance.
Should be a great time with the three tracks, Friday night dinner and the Saturday gathering at the York Industrial Expo.

See you there for all who are coming and everyone else standby for coverage....

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
I'll be arriving sometime Friday afternoon. Current plan is for the Roundhouse Forney and Accucraft GS-4. After that its a toss-up between the Accucraft FWRR and cars or Crickets or Regner Konrad and a string of wine barrels. As for attire - any one of a number of steamup polo shirts. See ya'll there!

Scott

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I hope to make it. I plan on bringing a K-28, the Lilly Bell 4-4-0, and assorted 20.3 freight cars for anyone to pull. I talked to Jeff Redecker and he is planning to bring a some 20.3 freight cars as well. We'll pool our stuff together to get a nice long train (if the conditoin of the rail permits).

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I will be there on Saturday, with a variety of engines to run.

If anyone wants me to bring anything parts or model/rolling stock specific, please let me know.

Royce
Quisenberry Station

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
I will be there on Saturday, with a variety of engines to run.

If anyone wants me to bring anything parts or model/rolling stock specific, please let me know.

Royce
Quisenberry Station

Hey Royce! Can you bring the new SP Narrow Gauge 4-6-0 by Accucraft? ;-)

Scott

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had considered bringing the Ruby, but don't know if I can resolve the firing problems. Anyone wanna try and help me at the show, if I bring it? I won't bring any rolling stock (Except a flat). I need weight to put behind the ruby. Will Mr. Moore's layout be the only one there this year, or will there be more layouts? I recall a small layout for the "Critters" being there last year.

Mike

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I'll be there friday afternoon and saturday with the "schools" and my Ida and some cars. See you guys there.

Brittany

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Mike,

Three tracks, as per last year. Two large portables and the small track for the little critters.

By all means bring the ruby...a little tinkering session never hurt anyone! I'll bring a spare jet and some mesh and we'll give it a go

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Mike
I am sure that someone can assist you with the Ruby, so bringing it is better than leaving the problem on the work table.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, thanks Ryan! I have been struggling with it for a while. Can you shoot me another IM or Text soon, Ryan? Gotta discuss something else.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Dave,

Hope you can make it! Jeff is planning to be there Fri AM, and I should be able to make it early Fri afternoon. My middle son Brent will be there Sat/Sun with two of his boys and their Arisocraft mikado.

At NSS this summer grandson Griffin said, "It's a lot more fun with your own engine". A Labor Day visit to the Adirondacks by the Ohio clan resulted in the first run of the Aristo mike that grandad gave the boys. This will the second time it is steamed. I think that if Noel is at CF we need to get the next generation of live steamers off in style and repeat the photo of Ryan and Noel from a decade ago.

Best regards, and see you all on Friday!

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Dan and myself will be out there Friday mid-morning. The CP Hudson will be out there and I'm not sure what I will bring yet as packing will be light as friday is the only day out there for me due to a wedding in Ohio Sat. Probally the Argyle Philly after its repaint or the Mogul as its been idle for a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts