G Scale Model Train Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Posted By Kovacjr on 01/14/2008 2:35 PM
Posted By David Rose on 01/14/2008 2:30 PM
I wish... 

You Better if you need someone to help fix that plastic roadbed!!! It has already ben arranged for the kidnap to happen....Be on alert for the red van....

OK OK OK ...... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE!!!! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif  I'll be on the "alert"... Just give me a few minutes to pack my trains.... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

BTW- Are you running a cattle car train or J&S coaches?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Posted By David Rose on 01/15/2008 6:29 AM
 OK OK OK ...... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE!!!! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif  I'll be on the "alert"... Just give me a few minutes to pack my trains.... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

BTW- Are you running a cattle car train or J&S coaches?

So, does that mean you're going then? Hope to see you there.

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
David

I know you really want an articulated. I have a solution. Buy Jerry Reshew's black unlettered Garratt, put Flying Grande lettering on it along with road # 500. No need to suffer "articulation envy". It even has outside frames like a K.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am coming you friday night after. my cab foward should arive wed and also plan to bring my mongral and 3 cyl shay and k-28.  this is my first formal steamup and I am looking foward to meeting you guys as I have been lurking on mls for about a year.

thanks pete gregores:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife and I are going to pass this year, supposed to be barely above 10' here on Sunday. I dont like leaving our two dogs along when its that cold, incase the heat or power goes out. And I dont like traveling that far with my old truck when its that cold out. I will attend both diamondhead and CF via the net this year and make one in person in 09. I did get my ogwen today, so maybe I can do some steaming this weekend if I get it built. Cheers. Mike and Michele T

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
It there such a thing as a shirt for cabin fever, if not, might be a great idea. something with a logo and year on it bob

There is always a Cabin fever shirt each year, but not Railroad specific. The guy that does the shirts, Rich Sabol, is always there selling a wide range of other shirts. He is also a G scale guy, having done a very nice Ruby conversion. I suspect he could be talked into doing a RR shirt.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Tomorrow at this time we will be close to steam mecca on the East Coast for this coming weekend.  The weather seems to be true to the season but the travel should be smooth sailing.
TIme for the final check list, a good night sleep and then early start tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Well the stuff I have here is packed....still waiting on 2 boxes full of stuff. (Only about $600 worth). UPS says since I work out of the house I'm not a "real" business, so they will be delivered at THEIR convenience. I have stuff I really need to do today, but I'll be stuck waiting (im)patiently until the dude in brown decides to show up.

My luck they will come tomorrow AFTER I'm gone.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
The finale to the weekend event was a surprise to all the vendors and exhibitors.  We were invited to:
York Couty Hertiage Trust Museum for dinner (free)

http://www.yorkheritage.org/agindmuseum.html

Absolutely a treat given the great food and excellent exhibit of industrial power in the York area throughout history of the region.  If I had known in advance the layout and offering of the various companies represented the camera would have been filled!

The newest exhibition Air, Land & Water: Transporting People & Products in York County allows visitors the opportunity to closely examine a Conestoga Wagon, 1937 Aeronca K Airplane, and Switcher Number 2287. Through these and other displays covering carriages, bicycles, canals, and automobiles, guests will experience the impact improved transportation methods had on York County from the 1700s to the present day. Apples, automobiles, potatoes and player pianos are a few of the many stories that relate the rich agricultural and industrial heritage of York County.   Visitors can enjoy an in-depth look at the history of many industries that made the county an international name in manufacturing. The large scale of the museum, once an industrial complex has provided space to reconstruct an 1830's grist mill, complete with an operating water wheel and an A-frame ammonia compressor, over 30' high, manufactured in 1904 to refrigerate a meat packing plant.   The Industrial & Agricultural Museum is located along the northern terminus of the York County Heritage Rail Trail that extends from York to Baltimore.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
STILL heard nothing...except that there wasn't going to be the usual vendor's meeting. Guess they quit asking once they had enough people say that they'd go. Nobody mentioned anything about any kind of reception on my side of the hall. Too bad. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif  It's ok, I was dog tired both nights anyway.  

OTOH I DID hear a LOT about sales being WAY off from previous years. I think I did about 1/2 of normal, and even PM Research said theirs were down significantly.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.