G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Thanks for posting - there are some remarkable models there, to be sure.  I was very taken with the wooden train, in particular the caboose.  I sure would have been very happy to have owned that set. 

best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Tks for the great pic's.   Brings back memory of some of those old steam Eng's.I use to see in Cat. and Books when I was a kid.  Even then they were expensive and way out of my reach. Steam Eng.s were a Kids dream to own one. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Four Cab Forwards ran at the same time today at Cabin Fever.  One train lead by Bednarik and Redeker CF's with 30 or so reefers, and a counter running train with Gregores' CF on the point  followed by 30 or so reefers and Stapleton's CF pushing.  Unfortunately, having the 4th loco as a pusher precluded getting them all in the same shot.  Here's 3 out of 4:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Allen,
Thanks for posting the pics. While I have Pony Express dialup(super slow) I went ahead and checked them out as I knew we have similiar interests. Glad I did, some nice model building! I really like the little Stover in one of the first pics on page 3. I didn't realize there was a kit of it, it would be cool to have the model next to my Stover at crank ups!

I wonder if that Falk is the same engine that was out here at the Men, Metal & Machines show in 2005? If so, the cab has been repainted since then. It's a beautiful engine for sure. I asked the owner if it ran on steam and he looked at me in horror?! hehehe Seemed a reasonable question to me, but I guess not to these guys.

Steve

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve,  the cab on the falk here is bare metal. while the bunker was green.... I probably should have taken notes of who owned what, but I was in a bit of a hurry.  As for running on steam, some guys are like that, steam is wet and dirty and they don't want to have to clean their prizes back up every time. When given a choice of steam or air at a show, about 85% chose air.

I also wish I could have gotten some decent pics of the Strasburg #90,  other 7-1/4" gauge locos and other cool stuff that were in the auction -- but the number of people milling about made it mostly impossible.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
To all I met today, it was a pleasure getting to steam with you today. Thanks for all the help! As a first timer at the meets I hung back and tried not to step on any toes. Especially since I brought so much stuff-though most were causing me trouble! Typical steam. LOL. Again, thank you all for welcoming me to the 'family' and I look forward to seeing everyone at Steamtown in Feb & here in the posts! :)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got home to a nasty note from the place that I have my business website hosted on that people viewing the Cabin Fever pics had used up over 75% of my allotted bandwidth and either I could purchase more, or they reserved the right to shut down my website for the rest of the month once whatever magic number was exceeded.... For some reason I REALLY wanted to call them and tell them that if they did that then I wanted reimbursed for all the extra bandwidth I had paid for but hadn't used for the last 7 years...But of course they aren't in... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for a great time at cabin fever. It was a pleasure meeting everyone whose post I have been reading over the last year and half. Thanks for all your help and expert advise. A great learning experience and really good time. Hope to see you again soon.

Happy steaming pete gregores

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Thanks for the great Pics guys.  Looked like a fun time and those CF sure where impressive.  Later RJD

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
This was my first Cabin Fever event and it won't be my last. I can't afford the time off of work to go to DH so this is the event for me. We may not be able to "stumble" out of our room to run trains at any hour of the day but we had just as much fun. I met a lot of great people and look forward to seeing them again. I even got some cool tips on scratch building some W&L cars and I will be putting them to use real soon. Hope to see you all again real soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks guys for all the great pictures. It was a great show and it was great to finally put some faces to the names I see on the forum all the time. There were a lot of neat things at the show, but I think the neatest was Ryan's coal fired K-4. I was busting him about all the work it took to raise steam, but I was really just jealous :)

George

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
  Here are some more pictures for all to enjoy. Despite my doubts, I was able to make the show on Friday and Saturday. :D

I arrived around 10:30am Friday to see the 3 tracks being set-up. Mike Moore had both his large and small portables, and the Bednariks had their portable as well, giving plenty of capacity that went to good use.

Here Dan Stroka (left) and Bob Root (right) help with the Bednarik track set-up:

Here Jason Kovac and others help with the setup of Mike Moores track under the close supervision of Mikes daughter:

One of the engines to be put on the track early was George's K-27, which uses some sort of small satellite dish to run..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Bob Root is pointing to (one of) Roy Ganderton's C&S Moguls saying "Hey, I have one of these here too!!"

Jim Stapleton and Alan find that running Cab Forwards draws a crowd of spectators:

To be continued.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts