112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: C & LE Trolley Flat Cars

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
They are looking great, Ted.
Do you have any prototype pics? I've never seen anything like them.

I also haven't been able to find any rivets for PCB's that look anything like yours. Can you give more detail?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Matt,
This is the prototype:

http://www.davesrailpix.com/cle/htm/cle43.htm

I added the best image I could come up with for the rivets. It is in my photostream. The ruler is in millimeters. The part number on the jar is 60895R5. I got them from a foreclosed defense contractor at least 17+ years ago and just kept them. (Auctions are great for stuff like this...) If I can get a better picture of the rivet I will.

This is close to what I am using flat head versions...

http://www.hansonrivet.com/w11.htm

Ted.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice flat car. Very interesting prototype. The rivets that you are using look like "easy drive nails" McMaster sells them.

Click here for an example. This is the smallest size they have with a domed head diameter of .099". They have other sizes too.

Regards,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

All,

Just posted images of my newly weathered and complete-less couplers, interurban flat car, #3542 for the Worcester Consolidated Street Railway, WCSR.

Ted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

All,

I just added high-res images taken outdoors to my Flickr photostream. Much better than the ones I posted last night.

Ted.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
That flat car is really looking great, Ted. Will you be mounting radial couplers?

Llyn

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

That is the plan Llyn. I am going to use a combination of Kadee 786 with either a 1838 and 1839 offset #1 couplers, if I need them. I matched the car up to a few of my Kadee equiped cars and it will be close....

Ted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts