G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finally getting fed up with buying the small canisters for fueling up my Accucraft Mogul (it takes almost an entire small butane can to fill the tank once) I started looking around locally for larger butane supplies. I found that I can easily get the screw top type iso butane from Bass Pro Shops for about $4.50 for 8ozs and then I came across two places that offer the 8 oz butane cans for the Asian cook stoves. The first is Cabela's (see the link below) and the second one, for those of you in the upper midwest is Gordon Food Service (aka GFS). You can get a case of 12 8oz cans for $20. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=butane&noImage=0

JT

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Be sure to check your local Asian grocery store, especially if it's Korean. Most of them carry the large canisters for use in their rice cookers. I've found that they are about 95 cents a can if you buy by the case of 16.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Carl:
Cans I buy in bulk at Bay Area Asian grocery stores (pack of 4/$3.99) are 8oz. - the size of spray paint can. Think yours, JT's and mine are all the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts