G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All, especially in Europe, Poland and Germany. A few days ago my entire collection of brass LGB/Aster limited edition models, Kiss K-36, Dingler 99 193 (Ts 5) yellow brass Sunset 2-8-0 and numerous plastic LGB locomotives and up to 75-100 pieces of LGB rolling stock have been robbed and stolen from a storage place in Radom near Warsaw, Poland. In addition, numerous collectable items such as up to 50 pieces Alessi Dressed series, huge JBL Ti-10K four-way speakers, each weighing over 65kg have been stolen. Not counting the items which I have not listed. The items were in storage after I had to empty my house in the Netherlands for renting it. I am in a complete shock, but if you come across any limited edition LGB/Aster, Kiss-K36, or Dingler 99-193 for sale please let me know. I doubt that I will ever get back these pieces, especially in a perfect barely run condition that they were. But I still want to make this burglary alert. Heartbroken, from Tokyo, Zubi

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Dear Zubi, I am so sorry about your great misfortune. That is such a great loss that I cannot even fathom it. I know how bad I would feel if my small collection were to disappear that I cannot imagine how you feel. I can only hope that you will be able to get at least some of it back. Heart felt condolences, Winn

PS It sounds like some one knew about what was in the storage and the value of it. I had all my tools stolen when I was building my house. Since I live out in the country I assumed that who ever did it was one of the people making deliveries or a contract job as no one else would have known what was here. I hope you have some insurance.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winn and Pete, thank you for the kind words of consolation. Burglars certainly did not know what they came for and what they found, they were taking the locomotives out of the boxes (even the cardboard boxes that the wooden boxes of Aster/LGB originally came in). They did not have a clue what this is. Likely they will just destroy them or dump them somewhere. As for other items, hard to say, but I do not believe that I will get anything back. Completely devastated, from Tokyo, Zubi

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I'm in the USA so most likely I'll never see them. If I were you I'd alert not only the local police, but the pawn shops and hobby shops I hope these bums go to jail. Can imagine fellow inmates reaction when they hear they are in prison for stealing electric trains?

·
Super Modulator
21,817 Posts
From the location, it would need to be in several countries, as indicated in the OP.

Since he is not in Europe at the time (also in the OP) it's probably impossible to do this.

It would normally be a lot of legwork, and taking a list to the pawn shops, but the best thing is these forums, where these more unusual locos would be noticed.

Really sucks to have a theft when you are out of the country. SORRY ZUBI!!!

Greg

·
3,010 Posts
Dear All, especially in Europe, Poland and Germany. A few days ago my entire collection of brass LGB/Aster limited edition models, Kiss K-36, Dingler 99 193 (Ts 5) yellow brass Sunset 2-8-0 and numerous plastic LGB locomotives and up to 75-100 pieces of LGB rolling stock have been robbed and stolen from a storage place in Radom near Warsaw, Poland. In addition, numerous collectable items such as up to 50 pieces Alessi Dressed series, huge JBL Ti-10K four-way speakers, each weighing over 65kg have been stolen. Not counting the items which I have not listed. The items were in storage after I had to empty my house in the Netherlands for renting it. I am in a complete shock, but if you come across any limited edition LGB/Aster, Kiss-K36, or Dingler 99-193 for sale please let me know. I doubt that I will ever get back these pieces, especially in a perfect barely run condition that they were. But I still want to make this burglary alert. Heartbroken, from Tokyo, Zubi
Hi Zubi,

I just saw your post.

It is unfortunate that the thieves did not even know (or care) what they were stealing.

Hopefully you will someday be able to get some of it back.

Best Regards,

Jerry

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Zubi, Just heard about your misfortune. I extend my sympathy. I went through a burglary years ago. The thieves got my address off a check I wrote at a high end stereo store and I was followed home the night before. The police acted like they didn't know who the thieves were. but through a local Sherriff I knew I found the police were very aware of exactly who they were. Unfortunately the laws here in America protect the rights of crooks more than us legal citizens. It's so infuriating!
Anyway, check the Auction Sites in Europe that sell Model Railroad stuff. Vectis Auctions in England sometimes has live steam and G scale items on their auctions. Look on "Invaluable Auctions" for a bigger list. I'll keep an eye out too for you.
Bpb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts