G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Train was winning, then bunny got in a late punch to put the train down. Cute video :)

Pet bunny right? Our wild snowshoes are pretty timid and wouldn't stay too close to the trains.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Is this the place to point out the reason why SAR locos are painted, "Dried Ox Blood Red"???

regards

ralph

G

·
Better what it Bob, P.E.T.A. might come after you ..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif
Nick...

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals?

Why on earth would you want to eat a pet bunny rabbit? Especially one that plays so well with the trains? Only one derailment isn't too bad really.

Chas

·
Registered
111 Posts
Domesticated bunnies are hard to spook. A train is no comparison to what small kids can do. Just don't try this with cats. They will attack the train and usually win. The two kittens we acquired last summer have also managed to clear the village of every vole and field mouse.

We have lots of wild rabbits, but they never hang around long enough to see the trains. However, last spring I was clearing a wooded section for the track and uncovered two baby rabbits in a hole. Due to "environmental regulations" the project was set back a while until they were big enough to move on.

Paul

G

·
Posted By wchasr on 04/28/2008 10:53 AM
P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals?
Why on earth would you want to eat a pet bunny rabbit? Especially one that plays so well with the trains? Only one derailment isn't too bad really.
Chas

HE HE HE/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif
Nick

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bunny has been in the family for years. He actually seems attracted to the trains. Can't see it to qell in the second scene because bunny is on the other side of the track, but he "noses" the cars as they go by.

And, he won't stay off the tracks when trains are running.

The only derailment he has causes is the one where he got caught between the two trains in the last scene.

On the other hand. I brought home a kitten a year ago. I had hoped he would live in the back yard and keep away the train tipping varmints.

No such Luck.

The ladies of the house won't hardly let "Alex T. Rex" outside for fear "something" will happen.
When Alex does get out, if the trains are running, he cowers on the back patio, or behind a bush. If the trains are off, and Alex ventures into the back yard, I can flip a switch to start the trains. Alex will make a dash for the back door. If it is closed, he shoots up a tree and I have to go get a ladder.

Now, I always thought it was squirrels that tipped my trains, I had seen one squirrel tip a car trying to get to an acorn under it. Turns out it was two neighborhood cats. They start in the middle of the train and one at a time tip the cars over. Other than the engines, they do the whole train and then leave. They visit twice a day and will take out one train in the morning and another in the afternoon.

Alex, sits in the back window of the den and quietly watches them do it.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Wasn't there a movie about an invasion of giant bunnies? :))

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
And you've no doubt heard the one about the fellow who gives his pet rabbit a bath?
He then lets the bunny out and it promptly hops next door and proceeds to tear up the petunias in the garden next door.
The homeowner comes out and wants to know what's wrong with the rabbit.
The owner responds "I just washed my hare and can't do a thing with it."

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By Torby on 04/28/2008 12:46 PM
Wasn't there a movie about an invasion of giant bunnies? :)" border=0>)

"Night of the Lepus" drive-in fodder at its worst/best ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts