G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those forums might be more relevant but try..

http://wvrr.ca/prototype/photo_49.htm

I just updated the Proto-file at www.wvrr.ca and if your into building your own structures here are a few simple examples I found at Scott, Saskatchewan.  In fact, these are pretty much everything there is on Main Street.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Have fun.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Those already look like compressed buildings, much like the structure kits available in this scale.  Fascinating little town reminiscent of some I have seen in rural Oregon. They probably existed most everywhere in the west, midwesat and western and central Canada at one time.

If you have been following my Phase II thread, I took some well-known structures from the television series "Northern Exposure" (1991-96), photographed them, mapped them and will be including them in my Cicely model.  The original TV filming was done in Roslyn, Washington, a small one-time railroad town that really does very much resemble prototypical Mainstreet U.S.A. in some ways. 

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for dropping by.

As I pointed out at "Phase II" I somehow missed seeing your work.  You have a really interesting web site - and a huge project ahead of you.  

I'll never attain that museum quality look that you've been able to manage but it's great to see someone else building unique structures for their layouts.  My experience here is that it's a far more common initiative with large scale modellers than with those who dabble in smaller scales.  I don't think that's a function of "nothing else available" as it is a result of us viewing the world a little differently to begin with.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif;)

I'll keep in touch with your progress.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts