G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've been lurking here for some time but started to post at last.........

My railway is three years old but last year I started building some mountains and some bridges to connect them. Recycled driveway concrete has been the main ingredient with the core of the mountain being a combination of hardcore, lawn grass and earth displaced from other parts of the part. Bridges are a combination of Pola and LGB.

Details can be seen on  www.gscalemad.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=5925

Stock run varies from German, Austrian and Swiss Narrow Gauge to US outline - mainly Union Pacific (plus the odd Santa Fe WarBonnet) or New England roads plus some DGS Geese!! A rather mixed fleet - but don't normally mix it on running days:D

Keith 

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
RE: Building Mountains & Bridges

Keith, your layout looks great! I like your roadbed. Kind of a combination of the cement roadbed but with bricks taking up the majority. I think I may give that go next layout.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
RE: Building Mountains & Bridges

Nice work. That's a beautiful bridge.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By folkestonekeith on 01/22/2008 2:46 PM
Hi there . . . My railway is three years old but last year I started building some mountains and some bridges to connect them. Recycled driveway concrete has been the main ingredient with the core of the mountain being a combination of hardcore, lawn grass and earth displaced from other parts of the part. Bridges are a combination of Pola and LGB.

Keith 
Very well done. That's one impressive bridge you put together there.

--Ron in Alaska

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I like the stonework, particularly knowing you manged to create a beautiful finished product with recycled materials.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts