G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Size thru members web...:rolleyes:

From Peter Bunce - moderator

The photo came out OK except that it is 680 pixels wide, instead of 640 so I have made it into a link, as below

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/dawinter/Building flat 1.JPG

With the new system there seems to be a glitch as the link does not automatically show when clicked on; also to change to a link it has to be done via ctrlx to 'cut' (delete) the photo, having noted and copied the ID of it first, then it can be entered by itself, which is what I did.

I tried the 'square bracket/ url/square bracket' on each end (plus slash) but it still did not pick it up, and allow a click thru to see the photo; I copied it with 'ctrlC', then placed that in the heading space in my (firefox) browser and it came out OK, but do remember to ask for a new tab to display it on, then you can go back tio your maintab with MLS still open..

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi All,

Re the above - is the a 'fix'possible for this please?

The old forum allowed moderators to just delete the tags front and rear and all was then fixed, and viewers clicked on the link and it displayed the photo. Not so now, though I freely admit I may have missed something! I tried one way with no change so I then deleted the 2nd try.

This reply was much easier as it is done in the quick reply section and it spell checked my 'errant fingers' at once! I have removed the foul ups in my spelling I think, but is a spell checker facility available at all for the 'add reply' pane please?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The size was my screw up.  I re-sized the photo with Adobe and typed in 680 wide rather than 640 so that's what I got.  Funny how that works./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif:rolleyes:  Of course the height setting is automatic after that.

I still drop the photo in my web space and do the [ ] [/] thing with 'properties' just like I did before.  I'm too old, or just too dumb, to make anything else work here ie: Message Attachments /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

I have the Google spell checker working all the time so I really don't need another.  Or maybe I do?  Anyway, they all say I've opted for "English" but in reality it's "American".  My fingers can't get around that spelling so I try to program in my own when I can.  Works sometimes. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Posted By peter bunce on 01/14/2008 7:47 AM
Hi All,

Re the above - is the a 'fix'possible for this please?

The old forum allowed moderators to just delete the tags front and rear and all was then fixed, and viewers clicked on the link and it displayed the photo. Not so now, though I freely admit I may have missed something! I tried one way with no change so I then deleted the 2nd try.

This reply was much easier as it is done in the quick reply section and it spell checked my 'errant fingers' at once! I have removed the foul ups in my spelling I think, but is a spell checker facility available at all for the 'add reply' pane please?

Peter

I don't use FireFox as a browser so I don't know if this will work for you. However on with my browser (i.e. MS/Internet Explorer v6.0.2820.1106IS SP1)
[*]If I point to the image my cursor changes to a four-way pointing arrow. [/list]

[*]I then right-click the image and the Image context menu displays, and I select and click the Image Properties item.. [/list]

[*]Next the Image Properties - Web Page Dialog displays. [/list]

[*]There in the URL field is displayed the address of the image that the user posted. I point to the field to bring focus to it, then use {CTRL+A} to select all the text in the field and {CTRL+C} to copy it to the clipboard. [*]next click the Cancel button at the bottom of the dialog. [*]After the dialog clears and you're returned to the text area of the editor make sure the image is still selected (i.e. presence of sizing handles). [*]Tap the Delete key on the keyboard, and the image should disappear. [*]Leaving the cursor just where it's at click the Insert/Edit Link button 
 which will display the Link - Web Page Dialog. [/list]

[*]Point to and click the URL field to place focus, then use {CTRL+V} to paste the image URL address from the clipboard. [*]Click the Target tab, then click the drop down button of the Target field, and next select and click the New Window [_blank] item. [/list]

[*]Finally click the OK button at the bottom of the dialog. [*]After the dialog clears and you're returned to the editor text area. the URL link should be displayed and highlighted. [*]Either use the mouse or tap the right cursor key to de-select the text and move the cursor to its right end. [*]Tap the ENTER key to start a new line and type in your text. [/list]

Hope the above is found to be of help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts