G Scale Model Train Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I used an o ring under the gas tank,you get only a blue flame the ceramic material
Mamod is using has different propertys

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
lotsasteam, I'd say you were really enjoying the little guy. I'm glad you posted about the flame. Mine started to go red twice when I first got it and hasen't done so since, wondering if I was doing something wrong, guess not, thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I do enjoy the Brunel ,running at Staver's it completed 1 lap (550feet)in 9 minutes"

·
Registered
751 Posts
It might interest Americans to know that the G1MRA was very involved in the production of the replica of the Firefly class made for the London Science museum. It was a project bought about to celebrate some centenial, I think : JV Riemsdjik who was working for the museum at the time looked at the drawings of a Coal board (electic power plant company in Britain) saddle tank 0-6-0 shunter had the correct inside cylinder size, boiler diameter and length firebox size etc to that of one of Daniel Gooches monsters of the past century. Tony Hall Patch had worked for the coal board so arranged to obtain one and John Butler "kitbashed " it from a coal board 0-6-0. All were members of G1MRA and built gauge on models. it was actually a 1:1 scale kitbash.
Best, Simon

41 - 47 of 47 Posts