G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Nick, I must say the brightwork looks good on your Hartland railbus. I lettered mine to give it a little bling. As you can see below, I am a fan of all the Hartland Macks.

Train Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Track

Train Plant Motor vehicle Rolling stock Nature

·
Registered
288 Posts
I agree with the looks improvement. It seems Murphy guides my fate in life and some of those nice looking castings are soft and mine end up bent. So I try to stick with what can take a drop or a trip over or a cat whack. That is why only plastic tumblers at my house, no glass.

One time when ordering some Hartland parts for projects, I chatted with Phil Jensen. He told me some commented on the lack of fine details on his models. He said that he had been to so many layouts where there were broken cars and broken parts laying around and he decided durability was his goal over fine detail. I told him I agree with that, especially when dealing with models that will be used outdoors. That is why I avoid USA trains, the more fragile parts.

But as I always say, to each his own. Do what you like and works for you.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phil surely made them almost bullet proof. I have many different manufacturers loco's and some need parts re-glued many times just from normal handling. Until I learned which need to handled in a certain way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts