G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
I have one and I am very pleased with it.  I have never tested the full range, but at 20 feet it works fine.

Chuck N.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have one and it really is a good unit and they have a 5 year warranty!:D  It will put out a lot and I mean a lot of amps!   I had a problem with mine blowing circuit breakers just before Christmas called the number in their literature and talked with Dave Sauerwald (the owner of Bridgewerks and he answered) via telephone while he was on vacation.  Had to send it in,/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif they replaced the  power board, got it back to me in less than 2 weeks over the Christmas and  New Year holidays .  However they did charge me $15  for the shipping packaging to get it back to me.  (Their literature tells you to save the box  'cause they'll do this if you have to send it in, but I didn't/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif).  The range on mine is about 20-60 feet depending on the obstructions between the key fob and the antenna.  I keep my unit in a train barn made of 22 gauge sheet steel that is bermed into the back of my garden so.... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif there are a couple of places that the reception is very truncated.  I have plans to extend the antenna to a location above the train barn which should extend the range to 60-75 feet easily.  

They price at over $500 from the larger internet shops

Hope this helps you make a decision.  Good luck if you bid.

Mark

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear from you so fast, My new layout is being built in a metal barn as well.

Sounds like the range shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts