G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 3AM. I'm sitting here wide awake and worried sick. I don't know where Kim is or when she'll be back. And it's nothing I've done....

Kim's niece Nick has been living with her boyfriend and their 2 year-old daughter. Ed is not a very nice person. He won't get a job. He has a cookie on the side. He HAS a police record...for domestic violence. He belittles and insults Nick. And he hits her. Tonight he hit her, HARD. Hard enough her jaw is swollen and she can barely talk.

Time after time Nick has made excuses for his behavior. She's left, only to go back, over and over because she "loves him". She says her family is to blame for "interfering" because they are all worried sick about her, AND her daughter. Tonight marked the point of no return. Kim called the police BEFORE her niece ends up in a body bag. Meanwhile, Nick is STILL making excuses.

If you know someone in a similar situation. Find a way to get them help. If you are in a situation GET OUT. If you are doing stuff like this yourself, get help NOW. The situation won't get better by itself, only worse. It's EVERYBODY'S business... Break the cycle TODAY.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Mik,

This is exactly why the laws on Domestic Violence were changed. Too many times the husband or boyfriend would wail on the partner and get away with a misdemeanor charge or no charge at all. Plus the victim had to prefer charges or the cops couldn't act. Now, the cops can take the offender into custody without the victims OK. Straight felony and the DA can bust it down to a misd. I remember once in my early career as a cop, a guy smacked his wife and split her lip but good. Stitches required. It wasn't the first time and she wanted him to go to jail. When I went back a couple of days later to get her to sign the complaint, there he was and they were very lovey dovey. She refused to sign the complaint and ordered me out of the house. I told her to not bother calling us again if she did not want to do anything about it in the future. Never heard from them again, so I don't know if she got killed or not. Domestic Violence is one of the worst crimes we have going in this country. But as long as the victims "Love" the offender, there isn't much that can be done. Especially when the victim defends the bad guy. I wish you and your family all the luck in the world dealing with this violent and sad situation.

G

·
0 Posts
a couple of years ago something of this type was running in our neighbourhood.
the father of the girl asked some neighbours for help. the woman-beater got beaten the sh.. out of him and the advice to never show up again in the district.
the girl found a nice guy later.
no more black eyes from "having fallen down the stairs".
sometimes the blindfolded lady justice seems to need some one-eyed helpers...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts