G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perusing the internet today I came across the Bowande website advertising the live steam Chinese QJ 2-10-2's. I knew these were being made some time ago but what surprised me is that they are offering them in the American excursion variants including Iowa Interstate and RJ Corman. Apparently both butane and coal fired. I'm really surprised I've never seen these mentioned before. Is anyone actually selling these? I can't tell if these are old announcements or something new. Not really a QJ fan but I chased the real RJ Corman 2008 virtually every time it ran so that one has me a little tempted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I actually did see that thread which is why I started searching Bowande in the first place. I knew these QJ's had been made, but I never realized that they offered the Iowa Interstate and RJ Corman versions. I'm especially interested in the RJ Corman. I'm just trying to figure out if these were actually made, or if it is a new production run or if they are just gauging interest in something they might do in the future.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I know I've seen a photo of one of one in RJ Corman colors recently, just trying to remember if it was posted here on MLS or on one of the Facebook groups.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I would start with a phone call or email to a Bowande dealer to check on the status of that version and so forth. Stoke em and Smoke em is one USA dealer and I think The Train Dept might be a USA dealer for them as well. Give Bob or Jay a message.

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts