G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while changing era's I finally figured out what to do with my Ariso Mikado... Boston & Maine never had any of their own, they leased several from the Erie for about 6 months before sending them back... The R1's came later, 4-8-2's, much larger than any other power aside from the S series 2-10-2's and T series 2-8-4's.  The R1's were the mainstay of passenger service, even into the diesel era, and were then bumped into fast freight. service.
I've semi-completely disassembled my Aristo mike. I fabricated a new headlight out of brass, and filled in several holes. I am in the process of moving the markers as well. Pictures may arrive later tonight or tomorrow.

If I could get hold of a cheap Big Boy or Challenger Tender I might try an R1-d, but I imagine theya re very expensive...

Before Pic...

·
Registered
39 Posts
RE: Boston & Maine R1-b Build Log

Looking good there buddy! Keep it up!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Wow, this will be another fun project to watch. Keep it up and keep those photos coming. I’m thoroughly enjoying your log.:cool:

Joel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I need to pick up some sheet styrene this weekend for the new cab front, and need to fill in part of the cab window.
I also need a material to use for a walkway, and to order some parts from Aristo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Nothing has really changed... I need to finish up some other projects on my plate before I get dessert...
I have 5 things to do for friends, which I really want out of my house... lol
After that I want to finish a fictional HO locomotive I've been working on for the past year. With luck I should be able to start the 4-8-2 again in late July/Early August.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts