G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was Thursday evening and I'm doing some minor adjustments on my K-28 and manage to knock into the whistle valve and break it off the boiler. There was a small joiner piece and it snapped due to a healthy bump on my part. I was in panic mode as I was having some friends and relatives over for a steamup demonstration on Saturday and wanted the whistle working, the kids love this part.

I gave Bob Weltyk a call late Thursday evening and explained my predicament and he was willing to fabricate the part I needed and ship it overnight. Saturday morning at 10:45 my doorbell rang and the express mail package was in my hands. A quick 15 min installation and I was off to the track just in time for my audience.

I just wanted to publicly thank Bob for helping make this impromptu steam up a success with his excellent customer service.

Just in case you have not heard the dual chime whistle available for the K-28, here is a short clip.

Joel

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Joel,
You hit the nail on the head. Bob is one of the real gems of our hobby. Always the gentleman who is willing to share his skills and knowledge. Kudos to Bob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts