G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wind let up enough so i thought I'd bring out the Macs and the longer cars, 89' TOFC, 86' high cube box and one auto rack.

Only a few cars but its too long for the terminal. Oh well!!!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave
I love the looks of them.
The first two have rubber tires replaced and weights added. Plus the trucks have plates on them to make them a single unit. #3 is depowered. usually used as a trailing loco.
They run great and faster than AC. they are fair pullers.

Dave all but the gunderson is scratchbuilt. very easy.
I'd love to get CP colors and maybe an Alaska

·
Registered
145 Posts
Marty
Great Pics
Do you have any info on how you made the piggy back cars?
Also how do you make your locos into dummy units?
Is the battery and remote located in the loco
Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt
in rolling stock archives, if you can get into it has the threads of many of the cars.
Depowering any engine is simply removing the worm gear in the motor blocks. turning the moter off. all else stays the same so the MUs power still runs through that unit from a battery cars.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice shots Marty! As JJ would say, they are purdy.:) I know what you mean about the winds. They have been vicious here the past couple of days, and knocked off nearly all the plums from my tree and a good number of peaches too. Hang on to them there cars! I can imagine the wind up through that gully!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Everything looking good Marty. If it's not wind it's rain here, all I get done is picking up sticks or fixing wash outs on the right of ways. Forecast is for rain and storms everyday rest of the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts