G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/video.php

Methinks they will sell a ton of these, while the K has appeal with Colorado fans, I think this will have a much broader appeal for freelance large scalers, which makes up the majority of large scale narrow gaugers. The K is also a much larger model, and requires much larger curves, this one has already had the beans spilled by the B'mann that it will do much tighter curves than the K needs, so it will have a broader audience among more modest size layouts. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Looks kinda cool for a 1/20 scale model, if i modeled that scale i would buy one..

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bach'man let it slip that with a few small modifications, it would run on R1 curves, guess that covers everything

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Looks good to me, too.

I like that they show their locomotives running over stuff. Too bad this one can only run over a paper clip. Would have been a lot cooler if it had been a finger!

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By markoles on 11/19/2008 10:49 AM
Looks good to me, too.

I like that they show their locomotives running over stuff. Too bad this one can only run over a paper clip. Would have been a lot cooler if it had been a finger!

or a hot dog wiener!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hmmm.
I really thought we had the flywheel issue settled, and the 24v motor issue.

But, just to head Stanley off at the pass, so to speak, I must be confused, and must not understand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Confused? You mean we HAVEN'T always been at war with Eastasia?

" Political language . . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. " -- George Orwell

" Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. " -- George Orwell

Keep their feet to the fire, TOC!

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Saw the video. Looks like a good looking engine. Here's hoping it can be made to run right. From the "sports car" acceleration and deceleration in the "run over the wire" scene, and the description of the motor, flywheel, and gearbox, it sounds awfully familiar.

How's that repalcement drive, going, Barry?

Matthew (OV)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks good, this will give the logging and industrial fans something to work with until they come out with another loco for next year. Bachamann needs to heed the call of narrow gauge fans and make either a k-28 or an EBT mike. It reminds of me of the LGB Uintah mallets that I used to oogle over as a kid.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
It would be fun to see one next to a LGB Uintah Mallet to see the size difference. I'm staying with the 1:22 rolling stock, so if it's going to dwarf them to a degree I find unacceptable, I expect I'll pass on this one.

Peter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The LGB Uintah is 1.22.5 scale, so it would be visibly smaller than the Bachmann. The Bachmann will probably have more detail, but the digital sound in the Uintah is second to none, even if the there are only two chuffs per revolution and the cylinder cocks are always open :)

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I wonder if Seth Green would to do a Robot Chicken episode with this engine and some of his action figures. You want to get the attention of today's teenagers and twenty somethings? That's a way. Plus, it'd be funny to see what he kind of silliness he'd come up with. I'd bet there'd be a lot more than hot dogs, fingers and paper clips run over. Certainly not for the DVD that comes with the engine, but definetly some good youtube and Adult Swim cartoons!!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Given the choice I'd still take the Uintah Mallet, its just one of my all time favorite engines from an all time favorite RR.

DOnt get me wrong, I do like this lokie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts