G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Modulator
20,869 Posts
Really what happened is the train set comes with NOTHING now, and you could always run it with DC or DCC or DCS. (The phone app uses DCS and it is NOT direct to the loco).

Yes, IF you want remote control, you have a number of options, which were there before.

What I was taking exception to is you said: "only offered with a phone application" which is an untrue and (I know not intentionally) misleading statement.

O Gauges sets no no longer come with any controller or power supply. The operation of the trains is unchanged, except the wireless app and add on hardware is new (ish).

Greg

(by the way, the DCS system using the app is wi-fi, not bluetooth as I understand it, and the phone communicates with a wi-fi access point which then communicates with the DCS controller, which then puts the signals to the rails.)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Really what happened is the train set comes with NOTHING now, and you could always run it with DC or DCC or DCS. (The phone app uses DCS and it is NOT direct to the loco).

Yes, IF you want remote control, you have a number of options, which were there before.

What I was taking exception to is you said: "only offered with a phone application" which is an untrue and (I know not intentionally) misleading statement.

O Gauges sets no no longer come with any controller or power supply. The operation of the trains is unchanged, except the wireless app and add on hardware is new (ish).

Greg

(by the way, the DCS system using the app is wi-fi, not bluetooth as I understand it, and the phone communicates with a wi-fi access point which then communicates with the DCS controller, which then puts the signals to the rails.)

Speaking of untrue : Polar Express / Train Set With Track & Power https://www.trainworld.com/manufact...-Set-with-LionChief-Remote-and-RailSounds-RC/

Dick

·
Super Modulator
20,869 Posts
not to be argumentative, but what is untrue? looks like some cheap r/c system with not a great sound system... are you saying this because they have hyped up how good the system is?

Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones and when I connect to these headphones via Bluetooth from my Android phone, I don't hear notifications when someone sends me calls / messages on WhatsApp or this FMWhatsApp Apk modified version of WhatsApp. This issue is only with headphones. Can anyone give me some information about this?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I have a Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones and when I connect to these headphones via Bluetooth from my Android phone, I don't hear notifications when someone sends me calls / messages on WhatsApp or this FMWhatsApp Apk modified version of WhatsApp. This issue is only with headphones. Can anyone give me some information about this?
We're train experts, and most of us are too old to know anything about Whatsapp or FMWhatsApp Apk.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Greg

Thank so much.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts