G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Charles;

Thanks for the photos. We only have about 13 inches at my location in Roanoke County, VA so far. There has been some drifting, and the snow is light enough to attack with a model rotary plow, but I think it would have to be 1.5 inch scale running on 7.5 inch gauge track! Best wishes for clearing the line. We are supposed to have sun tomorrow.

Cheers,
David Meashey

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dang. Y'all stay safe out there: which I'm uncertain of the precise definition of how to do it, but am confident y'all will figure out how to do it. :D
Have an old friend in Virginia Beach, VA, who was dismissed and went home from hospital today after surgery a few days ago to put hernia mesh in. Monday sure seemed like the smarter day to go home.
Out here in mid-Missouri rural flyover land our weather is reasonably humane for this time of year.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
We are only supposed to get about 1-3 inches up here, which should be good for plowing tomorrow. Here are a couple of shots from the three inches or so we got last week (which was pretty much all gone by Friday)

Can't really complain though, here's what the layout looked like last winter, with about 90 scale feet of snow in 1:32!

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Charles, I was hoping for a bit to test my just finished Rotary. I don't live far from you and got the same thing, I can't even approach the track.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim
The coastal flooding is 60 miles away east of us. Take for the note of concern.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
About one foot of heavy, wet snow where I live in the south of NJ. It buried the landscape lights be the time it was done:

Snow-3 by BigRedOne45mm, on Flickr

The stationmaster had the foresight to stock up on provisions:

Beer wagons-1 by BigRedOne45mm, on Flickr

But with the railway indoors, the travelers could wait for their train warm and dry:

Station-1-2 by BigRedOne45mm, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Charles, Today I got to see the Daylight you did for Tom Hebl. Beautiful! I'm hoping to help him initiate it soon. Most of the snow is gone from my track now but more may come in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Boy Lawrence! Glad to see those Massachusetts winters haven't changed much from those I knew in the sixties when we lived in Lincoln Mass. That is what I call a winter. Here in France when we get snow it generally lasts a day or two, and it rarely gets thicker than 6 inches.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Make sure they don't put you on the no-fly list for using inches in France ;).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts