G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like she will be just under 24" long, that's not too bad (and no tender to hook up!) About 6 3/4" tall as well.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Wow, Bachmann has finally made something I might actually want! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif though I doubt it will be R1 capable /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
HE HE HE ,that means TWO motor drives to get to work , without the typical Bachmann drive problems !
BBT may want to consider more product to create for a fix .
But the arty will look good .

·
Super Moderator
4,961 Posts
That drawing suggests 38" drivers while this link:

http://loggingmallets.railfan.net/list/prop/bilescoleman.htm

indicates 42" drivers, anyone know which it is?

The driver spacing on the Baldwin spec sheet is 42", which I would guess is where that number might come from. Accounting for the flanges, the drivers would be 39" at the largest to still allow for sand lines, brakes, etc. between the wheels. I can't see anything on the spec sheet that outright says what the driver diameter is, but I'd be inclined to believe the 38" dimension.

Later,

K

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can this bash be far behind?

With apologies to Jon Davis whose copyrighted drawing I butchered for this.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the vaguely triangular box between the sand and steam domes is? The drawings don't have it, but several other locomotives of this type built around 1929 (when this would have been built) have them too. I can't find a photo that gives me a really good view ....

Matthew (OV)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts