G Scale Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 452 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well after waiting all day for fedex!!! my USA order arrived cant wait till tommarrow to open up all the goodies:D i wonder were the rest of the order is? o well enough to keep me busy over the long.... weekend, happy 4th of july everyone, i know mine will be..
Nick../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Are you sure getting largescale deliveries that large isn't illegal? ;) LOL

I see a big boy and tender box there! PICTURES MAN PICTURES. Oh and getting this thing out of the box if you can at all, have someone help you. When unbolting the engine from the wooden platform, try and have something supporting and padding the engine on the side then lift (not rock on the platform) and then turn it on it's side. That is how my platform split down the middle was I had it rocked on it's side. Scared the bejesus out of me when it let go. You wont be dissapointed in this purchase... :D

Raymond

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Ah Nick, Santa Claus came early. You are gonna' want to run that Big Boy immediately. I can imagine the thrill. Let me know how those 16.5'D curves work out. Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ray,
pictures and video to come, that other big box has a all black hudson in it whitch is going to be shipped to NYC to an artist who is going to make a dryfuss out of it cant wait for that to come back.
by the way a dryfuss is a streamline art decoie style hudson for those of you that don't know:D

Bob.
ya me and SANTA are tight/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gifi think i dated his daughter a couple of times with good results/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif so SANTAS TAKEN A SHINE TO ME ha ha ha i will try the 16.5 but i think i will get out some of the 8ft flex rail and try to bend up some 25ft dia curves with the new train li to see how it works... more later.. im so excited i could pee myself!!!!!! just kidding/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif
Nick..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oh by the way Ray, im in the dog house big time!!!!!! ididnt get the stuff hid in time before my girlfreind came home TALK ABOUT A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING GOING ON IN MY HOUSE TONIGHT...no problems that a bottle of GRAYGOOSE vodka and a trip vacation cant solve... he he he../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Nick, not bad as of 3:00pm CST this topic about the World's Largest Die-Cast 1/29 steam locomotive has over 1,200 hits. Some said it couldn't be built, was to heavy to be built, is to expensive, who would ever buy such a monster AND what the average large scaler wants is a USRA type 0-8-0 that's go around r1 curves..hehehehe/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Welp Chuck,
i agree, im glad they built it, it does sell even better that another 1/29 manufactures articulated loco, it is heavy i got the tender out but i couldnt get the loco out of the card board box by my self, almost dropped a nut, so im waiting on my brother to arrive to help cause i didnt want to cut card board box up so i'l wait, but judging bt the tender this is another hit for USA as usual... no surprise there... outstanding job by the boys in Mass. Jim at g Scale junction is outstanding as far as price and ship time...he says he cant wait for your check as this will be # 6 sold since this thread has started so you see i beleive all good thing come to those who want quality.. not just cheap and get it to market quick without fully working the bugs out, other guy on east coast. bet you can guess who they are..
Nicky...
ps its not always about how much something cost but how well they work when you put it on the track and thus far, USA all the way, quality 1st to market 2nd...maybe another east coast manufacture can take a hint..

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Wow lots of boxes and i"ll be waiting to see the big boy. Lets see how well it stays on the track.:) Later RJD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Chuck,
i was finally able to get some time to get the bigboy out and all i can say is WOW...... most impressive loco i own now, it right on par with the hudson if not better. well worth the $ Jim got your check you should have yours in a couple of days hope you have help getting it out it IS A heavy beast... pictures and video to follow as soon as i can get them up loaded!!!seem to be having a problem veiwing and uploading to youtube? always something!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif
Nick...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Chris,
a freind of my girlfreind is going to convert it to a dryfuss using all metal.he's a old time metal worker that started in the late 40's and now has turned to working with metal as art and does fully scale models for different companys, boats, planes, trains houses, buildings you name it he does it,he be bugging me for a year to get him one so he can do the conversion, he was able to sacure a copy of the scale dryfuss drawings from some were and has a full set of scale up to 1/29 drawing now to use to build the skin so we will see how well it comes out!!should be interesting, the guy is one of the best metal workers ive ever seen. he's old school.... he did an all steel roster bodie for my hot rod a few years back and all i can say is he's outstanding.
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Couple of photos of bigboy, outstanding piece of art works and run equally as well, but i wouldnt run it on less than 20ft dia curves looks funny going thrue 16.5 dia.. will post small video soon, over all very please with this purchase :D
Nick..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Got my U.P. 4000 yesterday..:D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif:)

And would you believe it's shown here going around a 14.5' diameter curve?? I don't think it would handle any smaller curves though! But that's fine as 14.5' curves is what goes thru the house..:D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Yep USA has done a truely magnificent piece of engineering artwork with the Union Pacific Big Boy!!

Think maybe I'll order another one by Christmas../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Registered
938 Posts
Fantastic guys! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif:D:) They really are incredible models.

Nick, you're killing me over here, I don't even have ONE USA Hudson! Were you able to get any video going on the USA BB?

That is really interesting to hear it will take a 14.5' curve. WOW. Chuck, you ever get a second one, since you're so close, you would have to bring them in for some runs on my layout and do a doubleheader pusher setup with USA BBs under DCS. Now if we could get Nick and ArticulatedAl over that would make 5. :cool:

Raymond

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
hmm..5 of them now that would be a sight!

Kinda like a mini Cheyenne, Wyo. gathering of the Big Boy's../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

WOW!! Customer service at Charles Ro Supply say's they only have about 40 Big Boy's left in stock so if anybody wants one ya better order quick...they don't know if they'll make another run of these fine articulated steamers that'll never sell.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
938 Posts
LOL That is really great to hear. No doubt Largescale is evolving and moving forward just as all the other scales have done. :cool: Just wish we had a 1:29 scale entrant who would make these bigger / iconic engines in plastic. If I ever win the lotto I'll get some cranked out. ;)

Raymond

41 - 60 of 452 Posts